Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

4 weeks old

A place to rest your head
Noah is now 4 weeks old. It feels like forever, yet also feels like yesterday that he joined us. He is weighing in at over 5 and half lbs now. He is now less like a premie and more like a newborn.
He continues to make great progress toward his milestones. He is taking more and more feedings by bottle and breastfeeding each day as he gets bigger and stronger to.
I am feeling ready to take Noah home. Not in a "prepared" way, I'm just ready to be done with having 2 homes, 2 babies in 2 different places, and to move slowly and truly forward from all that has happened to get Noah here. This is the most intense and heart weighing experience that I have ever been through and I look forward to holding my babies close and tight to continue to heal and recover.
Noah will be home soon. We had a "care conference" yesterday with the team of Drs and specialists who care for him and they were positive that he will go home soon and that he has been an exceptionally healthy and strong premie. It sounds like next week will be homecoming!
So where to lay his head?
Here:



Needless to say, it brightened my day to have a beautiful 70plus year family heirloom my mom restored for Noah arrive today. It is perfect. And is so wonderful to envision my little boy at home and at rest in his beautiful bed. This is a treasure to use and I will smile every time I pass it knowing he will be home soon.
Let the countdown begin.

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for all of you. The bassinet is beautiful - the perfect place to lay down Noah's little head!

    ReplyDelete