Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The last link on the Noah chain...



Whew, we made it past the first day. I have to say I have often felt excitement over first days but not loved the feeling on a first day. Too much newness and unfamiliarity for me. Interesting....Anyway...

Yesterday was a first day. Filled with lots of feelings and emotional up's and downs. But we made it through with, what today felt like flying colors, I might say. I am so proud of our family and my learned ability to be ok with feeling how I feel and being able to hold it together and keep on moving. And well, we made it through the night and and the second day felt super. Like I have ran this marathon before. Oh yea, sleepless nights, oh yea, babies like to be fed, warm, swaddled and held all day and night long, um that's pretty much the deal. And it feels good. Well, at least the familiarity of it all. I don't feel half as panicked as I thought I would. It feels so nice to have us all under one roof and we are all breathing deeper and feeling much more relaxed.

Olivia LOVES her little brother and is constantly aware of him. She hugs and kisses and imitates him when he cries. Yea, that is fun. Funny, really. It is a kick to watch her be a big sister and so far she is mostly gentle with him ( with lots of supervision and assistance).

Yesterday, once we got the call from the Doc ( and I got Matt and Olivia's note) we were all, even more excited.
























I couldn't help but nest all morning and get organized for his arrival home. Note the cool PUJ tub in the bathroom, which I can't wait to use. And how neat everything looks. HA! You should see it now!


















Since we wanted to bring Olivia to go "get her brother Noah", Matt and I's strategy (and we have many) was to basically sign off on the paperwork, grab him and go. Mostly, that is how it went.

The car ride home.







Olivia opened her presents "from" Noah.











I have gotten back to a little multi-tasking since I brought out my Moby Wrap again, to a few capture a few moments, however, I surely don't have the hands free time to get pics like I used to.






Good thing memories are forever.

Yes, I was feeling a little proud of myself of all I did the last month to get Noah to come home so early. Mom's are SUPER HERO'S. I want that t-shirt next.
























Up all night...."Attachment parenting"





















Baby Noah in his beautiful bassinet. He looks so small!
He broke through my swaddling already.























Multi tasking.


Did I mention I got a shower, tooth brushing and a chance to blog? I will count this day as a "good" day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment