Noah is 3 weeks today!
He is continuing to grow and gain weight steadily. He is doing well with learning and developing to breathe, suck and swallow at the same time.
We have been giving him a few feedings via bottle as he seems eager and also breastfeeding as he is up for it. He is showing that he is progressing well toward these milestones. This is the last thing he will master before he can come home, since he had now shown to be regulating his temperature well on his own.
This week I got to bottle feed and bathe him "alone" with the nurses help of course. I'll look forward to this feeling a little more familiar. Perhaps once the leads and tubes are gone, it will all feel much less effort-filled.
Yes, things are moving fast. I now comprehend why moms have lots and lots and lots of babies. I am in love with this little man and look forward to a time where we can produce like rabbits and enjoy this love and bond over and over and over and over and ...
In the mean time I can only try to stay in the moment and breathe up this fleeting window of newborn time. I'm thankful to have a few extra weeks of extra time with Noah.
We are now starting to think about life at home with both babies and try to prepare as much as we can mentally and logistically. Eek! I know it will not be an easy life but am confident that it will be filled with love, tears and growth. The wonderful story of my colorful life.
Noah is weighing in at 4.14 lbs today.
Mom's milk supply is just keeping up with Noah's eating needs. I have surrendered to my magnificently made body that I will do all I can in this area ( getting rest, food, sleep, pumping 9-10x a day, oh and don't forget, not stressing ) and let my body do the rest. Matt is still home from work and 'heading' our family perfectly, allowing us all to continue to feel as secure and functional as possible. Our generous friends and Jehovah continue to be our ultimate support and strength.
Pictures and video to follow soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment