Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sunday Post

Noah is 8 days

The days are beginning to slip into a nice routine already, which feels good. We are continuing to work so hard and keep so scheduled to make this time with 2 homes and 2 babies possible. Noah is a huge part of our lives and I feel so bonded to him. Even though he is not with us at home, he is. In our minds, in our conversation, in our hearts, day and all night.

I had a lovely visitor (JT) come by to pick me up and take me home from the hospital today while Matt and Olivia went to meeting and got Olivia down for a late nap. The visit was great. I am loving seeing all the friends and introducing them to Noah. I think half the hall has met him.
Let's see:
B&SC
JR
RC
M&DP
LB + 2 girls
CB
CO wife
EB & PB
MH
M&SL
H&AN
DM
KS
AS
TD
JT
J&LM
S&SG

Yep, the whole hall. Haa! Not really but it is really nice since I have been tied up at home and hadn't seen many from the hall during this pregnancy. Now I get to see them and they get to see the newest member of the family! How we love our village.

Tonight on my date night with Matt and Noah Matt took him out of his Ark by himself and handed him to me. He did great. Normally the nurses do this, but they want us to start getting comfortable with taking him in and out now. With 2 people present it is possible. He has his heart rate monitor on so we just have to make sure to go slow and not get the cord caught up.

Noah today weighs in at ...drumroll!
3.12 lbs
He is growing strong!



Mama news: I talked to our fantastic NICU Nurse today Terri, who assisted me with some more tips on pumping. I will be increasing my pumping amounts per day to even more frequent sessions for the next 48 hours. It seems that since there was the blood loss that my body is repairing and building itself back up and that can delay the milk production a few days. All perfectly normal, but I still will do EVERYTHING I can to get this boy milk. So, the next 48 hours will be even more tight giving me less time to sleep, and do much of anything else. Any time in between is doing something that is keeping me or my family together. So here is to the next 48 hours! I'll catch up when I can. I wont have time to blog like I have been. I'll be back to update soon, and celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment