After a brief nap, lunch and a nice quick visit with fam, I was off to see Noah again. I got to change his diaper and check his temperature. It is the tiniest diaper ever, but a diaper change is pretty much a diaper change. All his parts are soo tiny, but all there. lol!
He did so good with his "feeding". He was rooting around opening his little mouth up wide, ready to eat, practicing with me. He only gets a few drops right now, otherwise it would be like spraying a hose down his throat. My milk hasn't fully come in so it sounds like we are in sync so far.
We had family bring Olivia down after to meet Noah and see mama. She missed me and I missed her! She totally knew where Noah was and wanted up to see him right away. She said and signed baby and said brother. Soo adorable. She was a happy camper having the whole family together again. It was soo precious to have her on my lap and get time in with her. She is amazing. We kept it pretty brief, mellow and fun.
Walking is getting easier and I am feeling more comfortable moving in and out of bed and chairs. A must now that the catheter is gone. My pain management is going well. My med's were reduced to Motrin today and am doing well on that alone for now. There is back up ready if needed though.
I got to see the Dr, that delivered Noah and she was very impressed with both of our status after the surgery. She took the bandage off my incision and said it looked great so far. I saw it and it didn't make me too nervous at all. A very low and clean incision. I imagine it will heal up well. We got a few more details about the delivery, a thumbs up from her and she was off. She mentioned I will be here most likely til Wednesday. A 3 night stay.
Interesting facts: The ambilical cord was attached right into the edge of the placenta attachment area. So if the placenta attachment was looking like a pancake the umbilical cord would be coming straight out the center of the pancake, idealy. But this cord was attached to the side of the "pancake". It didn't cause any problems, since it was still directly plugged into the "pancake" but still..Felt like we escaped another close call there.
I lost aprox a liter of blood total before and during the surgery. Crazy, there was a clot with just a little less volume than the total loss during surgery that was in me before surgery. I think it was 400cc's and the blood loss during surgery was 600 cc's. I am not exact on that. But I think those are the numbers.
My blood count levels are doing well. I am not having any negative effects of being a little anemic so far. I am on iron and am confident levels are climbing back up. I believe I dropped to an 8.8 post surgery. The body is amazing!
My IV came out tonight too, so I am completely unplugged as of tonight.
Dinner arrived. Not too exciting. But I was hungry enough to partake.
Pumping and shower ahead. Noah feeding at 8pm, rest, pump and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment